I got a lot done around the house this weekend. I haven't done much cleaning since Lindsey's wedding, so Saturday gave me a full day to do the dusting and vacuuming I had neglected these past few weeks. I feel better when my house has been cleaned. However, I don't like the fact that I have to give up a perfectly nice day to do it. Perhaps I should look into a cleaning service again. I was spoiled back then. My weekends were free of cleaning and I loved that.
Shawn cleaned up the woods behind the pool area and burned brush and scrap lumber in the bonfire pit. I took a few breaks from cleaning and went outside to see what he was up to and found myself enjoying the crisp, fall day. We sat by the fire a couple of times. We put white lights in a tree out in the front yard and some other white lights in the bushes by the front door. At dusk we turned them on and I really like the festive look - just in time for the holidays. I am really glad we got that done before the temperatures drop.
Shawn went deer hunting with two of his brothers early this morning. He hunts on his grandparents' farm (which is now his dad's) in southern Minnesota. He also was going to bring apples and corn home for the deer and for the other wildlife he loves to feed all winter long. I was wide awake at 6:00 A.M. which of course, was really 5:00 before the whole Daylight Savings Time change. I got up and had one last load of laundry going by 6:30. I made a big pot of turkey chili and some Scotcheroos for Courtney. I didn't make it to church today.
And speaking of Courtney, today is her 22nd birthday and I am bummed that I am not with her. It's kind of sad not spending your child's birthday with her, but I suppose it will be the first of many over the years. Shawn will be in her area tomorrow and will take her out for dinner. I have a few small gifts for her to send with him. She wanted some new UGG boots so I ordered those online and she should get them tomorrow. She'll be tickled!
The day is winding down and tomorrow is the first day of another work week. Our first quarter is rapidly approaching and I have a lot to get done before that. I am looking forward to seeing my teaching colleagues. There are many that make my job very enjoyable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What an informative entry. It was a beautiful fall weekend. It sounds like you had a nice time.
L.
WOW!!
Great recap Lori!
I feel like I was part of your weekend.
Thanks!!!
Post a Comment