Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My SBC friends

I am in a book club. It is a Secret Book Club. We talk in secret code at school so we don't give ourselves away. The five of us (sometimes six) get together as often as our schedules permit and talk about our latest book, eat, drink, and laugh. Sometimes I laugh so hard. Sometimes I will continue to laugh well into the next week at something that was said! I look forward to spending time with them. We don't spend the entire "meeting" discussing the book. We talk about things that matter. We celebrate ourselves as women, as mothers, and as educators. I learn more and more about each of them every time we meet. They are my new friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori -
I love your new blog and I love SBC. I am honored to be part of our elite group!

Kari Simonson said...

Remember Lori.
What STAYS at book club,
STAYS at book club.
I am honored to be part of the group too.