Hello! All is well with me. Shawn flew out to Phoenix this morning. He'll be home late tomorrow night. He's going to stay the night with dear friends out there. Wish I could have gone with him. We had a busy weekend and we're off and running into another week. I submitted my first quarter grades and feel good to have that done. I corrected papers over the weekend as I wanted to get those scores on first quarter. Too much pressure put on myself though. My students have this week and then they're off all next week.
I got a call from a neighbor last week that another neighbor of ours was going in for a double mastectomy on Friday. You get that kind of news about someone you know and love, and it really throws you. My prayers are with Karen and wish her well. There are six families in our cul-de-sac bringing meals to them this week. My night is tomorrow and I am not quite sure what I'm making yet.
I have started Christmas shopping. I have made a couple trips to the MOA recently and am excited about this time of year. I love walking the mall and listening to the music and seeing all the decorations. It kind of takes me out of my daily routine for awhile. I enjoy finding special and meaningful gifts for my family and friends, but I try to keep myself grounded and not go too overboard. After all, the true meaning for me is about being together with everybody and counting our blessings. This year is going to be extra special and fun for us as we have a brand new son-in-law! (And I'll have you know that yes, I am playing Christmas CD's in my car already!)
We're moving Courtney home next week. She's going to finish her last three weeks out at NDSU and graduate on December 14th. She's going to be staying with a friend up there after Thanksgiving until she graduates. We're taking up a trailer from Shawn's company to bring home all the furniture she's been using. I can't believe I am about to celebrate another daughter's college graduation. It's a great feeling! I am a proud mother.
We're getting together for SBC Friday at Lynda's. I am excited to have the camaraderie with this women. I am looking forward to all the laughter and catching up with every one again. I hope the weeks goes well and that Friday comes quickly.
Love to all. . .bye for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a lovely entry. I love reading your blogs, Lori. As well as I know you I always learn a bit more!
L.
Post a Comment